Open Access Services for GPs
At a glance..
Many of our tests can now be directly accessed by GPs and Physicians outside SCVC. These are detailed below, along with a simple referral process.
Find out more..
Open access Tests and investigations
The following tests can be requested by GPs direct
- 12 Lead ECG
- Exercise Test for Healthscreen or occupational reasons
- CT Calcium Score
- (Coronary CT Angiography only by special request)
- Ambulatory ECG
- R test 7 days ECG recorder
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure monitor
- Breathless screen (BNP, D Dimer, ECG)
- Ultrasound Abdomen, Carotid Doppler, Vascular Ultrasound
If your patient has concerns about a heart problem but no typical symptoms of concern you may want to consider our SCVC Heart Screen.
These services are provided without Consultation - comprising a nurse questionnaire, test PLUS Consultant report.
For more information see our Heart screen Plus pages
GP and Physician referral forms and process
Doctors can refer their patient for Consultation, open access tests or Healthscreening with a referral letter faxed to 01483 467120 or posted to us at 5 Huxley Road Guildford GU2 7RE or online using our encrypted digital medical referral form.
Due to the nature of our diagnostic services only some of our tests can be accessed by patients direct.
- 12 Lead ECG
- Screening Echocardiogram
- Breathless screening (ECG, BNP D Dimer blood test)
- Racing Driver Exercise Test
- In general self referrals are confined to healthscreens that can be arranged without a GP or Physician referral.
Please note that our Heartscreen+ screening packages are designed for patients that have no clear symptoms of heart disease, so we would advise that if the patient has symptoms of chest pain on effort, heart failure, palpitation or blackouts they should be considered for referral to a Consultant Cardiologist for a formal Consultation and medical examination.
To book a heart screen ask your patient to call us during office hours or to complete our contact form using the button below.
Heartscreen Bronze and some other tests can also be scheduled on line see our e-bookings page.